08:00 – 08:50
08:50 – 09:00
Conference chair opening remarks
09:00 – 09:40
Outlook for FX market: A macro perspective on the dynamic FX marketplace
- Analysis of critical current events that can impact your investment portfolio:
- Geopolitical issues and trade tensions - how will the US and the global political landscape impact financial markets
- Rise of global populism and implications on investment
- Elections in India, Japan and risk mitigation
- Main regulatory factors affecting the investment environment (UMR, the FX Global Code, benchmark reform, etc) - what can we expect over the next 2 years?
- Do we expect increased volatility? What are the indexes showing now in FX and what can we predict over the next 6-12 months in terms of volatility?
- Technology revolution and its implication on the Chinese domestic capital market
09:40 – 10:20
Hong Kong Connect: the role and transformation of Hong Kong as one of the key financial hubs in Greater China
- Does Hong Kong provide enough access to market liquidity and remain a key source of liquidity in e-FX in comparison with Singapore, Tokyo, New York and London?
- How will Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Shanghai evolve in the coming years?
- Will London's lead over Hong Kong CNH continue? What is the future of FX liquidity in Hong Kong whilst London stands tall?
- Evolution of financial centres in Greater China
10:20 – 11:00
RMB in the spotlight: FX option market development in CNY/CNH and latest trends in offshore trading of RMB
- Is internationalisation of the RMB and the Chinese bond market on track? When are we going to see it?
- How offshore investors can gain greater freedom in accessing the onshore capital market in China
- Flexibility and restrictions of the FX trade today
- Latest RMB offshore trade trends on how China is fitting in bond, equity indexes, etc
- How regulation can be simplified to navigate more participants into the domestic market
- Onshore capital market: what is current landscape in domestic market? How do we expect the current landscape to change?
- The playoff between onshore and offshore Chinese bonds: how can you trade the onshore market while allocating to the offshore market strategically?
11:00 – 11:30
11:30 – 12:10
Clearing panel: The next stage of FX clearing
- The impact of regulatory developments around the world on the decision of clearing across various product categories
- Incentive to clear their FX: what’s in it for investors?
- The role of automated and electronic trading in creating liquidity and greater use of clearing
12:10 – 12:50
Panel: Setting the blueprint for e-FX
- How to move from a wider based trading to electronic based trading? Picking the best execution style and tools
- Transaction cost analysis (TCA) and the main factors to consider in your analytics decisions
- Determining which algo is right for you
- Analytics and execution decisions – how has the use of analytics changed client execution behavior
- Going from measurement to effective decision making to optimise liquidity
- Compare and contrast the experiences in using algos in equities and FX
12:50 – 13:50
13:50 – 14:30
From hype to reality: how Blockchain is reshaping the FX market
- How Leveraging Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) can increase efficiency in cross-border payments and FX market
- Streamlining cross-border transfer and payment between banks and companies with the Project LionRock-Inthanon: opportunities and considerations
- What can we learn from China’s BigTechs or Fintechs about long-term disruption and increased competition that might occur in other markets?
14:30 – 15:10
Corporate treasurer panel: Optimizing your hedging strategies in today’s market
- Implications of geopolitical risks on corporate hedging strategies
- The role of corporate treasure in a changing regulatory environment
- Criteria in determining your optimal hedge
- How corporates should adapt to increased digitalization
15:10 – 15:40
15:40 – 16:30
FX trading desk of the future
- Perspectives on the platforms - what's been useful, what hasn't been, multi vs. single-bank, etc.?
- Current applications of algo trading and quant analysis in institutional portfolios
- Given the increased amount of FX data, how have institutions benefited from a wider use of data mining and machine learning techniques for useful analysis
- How will FX desks evolve in SPOT, swaps, forwards, options and NDF’s and what can you do now to stay ahead?
16:30 – 17:10
HKD USD de-pegging – another Black Swan event in the works?
- A global slowdown, a trade war and domestic political unrest – a trigger for de-peg?
- Indicators that a de-peg is likely to come under pressure
- What would happen if USD-HKD peg is replaced by a link to the onshore yuan?
- A one-off HKD devaluation against the USD
17:10 – 17:15
Chair’s closing remarks
17:15 – 17:15